Monday, April 29, 2013

Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Last week I wanted to make a peanut butter cookie but I didn't want to really make your normal plain peanut butter cookie and I couldn't find one I liked on the internet to use so I decide to just throw some ingredients together and make my own and can I tell you these were awesome!! I was so happy that a concoction I made up all on my own turned out so well. If you love Peanut butter and chocolate you must give these babies a try they are awesome especially with a little bit of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk!!
 
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies(makes about 7-8 dozen)
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
3 cups peanut butter
4 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 T. vanilla
1- 1 1/2 cup baking cocoa(depending on how chocolaty you want it)
3 cups blended oats
1 cup blended peanuts
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 pkg. chocolate chips or chunks
1 pkg. Reese's Pieces.
 
In the bowl of your stand mixer cream the butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the baking cocoa, blended oats, blended peanuts, flour, soda, and powder and mix till well combined. Stir in the chocolate chip and Reese's Pieces. Roll into 1-2 inch balls and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Smash then down a little bit with your hand and then bake them at 325 for 10 minutes and no longer!!! They may look undercooked but they won't be. Take them out and let rest on pan for 1-2 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
 
Note: I blend my oats and peanuts in a food processor until they are finely chopped not as smooth as flour but close. Use quick or old fashioned oats, I prefer old fashioned but whatever you have on hand will work!!
Note: Makes a lot of cookies. I always make a lot of cookies and then roll the dough and freeze them in a Ziploc bag to pull out when we want to have a hot cookie or I will cook them let them cool and then freeze them so they don't all go stale before we can eat them all and then I have them on hand without all the work!!

1 comment:

Jinny and Mick said...

Look at you just throwing ingredients together! They look tasty!